Monday, August 21, 2017

Questions For Catholics (Fun Post!)


Here's a non-serious post, for a change. Courtesy of Julie over at Connecticut Catholic Corner (see Blog Roll)...here are 34 fun questions to answer.  Post your answers as a comment on this blog and also on Julie's so we can see your answers.  Here are my answers:

1.  Latin
2.  Convert (2005)
3. 1954 (Presbyterian, in a church co-founded by my great-grandfather)
4.  2005, Easter Vigil
5.  St. Thomas Aquinas
6.  Blessed Virgin Mary!
7.  Ordinary (But I wish it were otherwise--long story)
8.  St. Joseph
9.  RCIA team, KofC
10.  The Rosary
11.  The Rosary, Matins (1960 Divine Office) (I'm retired so I have LOTS of time!)
12.  A Rosary
13.  Lent  (Yes, really.  Forced spiritual growth!)
14.  Other than Easter...Our Lady of Fatima
15.  Holy Communion!
16.  Yes
17.  Nine days ago
18.  Marriage
19.  O Salutaris Hostia
20.


21.  The Passion of the Christ
22.  The Hail, Mary song they play after the Rosary on EWTN
23.  Pascendi Domenici Gregis (St. Pius X on Modernism)
24.  Deep blue (almost purple)
25.  Ave Maria (J.S. Bach)
26.  John 12:24 (The verse that triggered my conversion to the Catholic Church! Long story...maybe I'll blog on it someday.)
27.  The Gospel of St. John.  Or the Confessions of St. Augustine, if Scripture doesn't count.
28.  Frequent confession? :)
29.  St. Pius X.  Would that all Catholics would learn from him about the Synthesis of All Heresies...and take his Oath Against Modernism!  Benedict XVI is second, since he became Pope one week after I entered the Church, and I was already hugely influenced by his writing, but I'm still so disappointed in his abdication.  One day I hope we learn the full story, as what we've heard so far just doesn't make sense to me.
30.  Oh, there are a lot of them...I won't be a smart aleck and name one of the Apostles, since they ALL were converts...I guess the most helpful one has been Dr. Scott Hahn, although Steve Ray, Father George Rutler and Blessed Cardinal Newman also deserve mention.
31.  Mother Angelica
32.  Carmelites
33.  Catholics who act like they'd rather be Protestants.  Just go, then!  There are at least 20,000 "denominations" you can choose from...
34.  The Sacraments!  Amen!

Laudator Jesus Christus!


1 comment:

  1. 1. Latin
    2. Cradle
    3. Christmas Eve 1967
    4. Er... 1975 maybe? It was the Year of Plaid based on the picture.
    5. St Anthony
    6. St Theresa of Avila when I'm feeling spiritual. St Jerome when I'm not.
    7. Extraordinary preferred, but Ordinary for now
    8. St Joseph Richardson Tx
    9 RCIA. KINO (Knights of Columbus in Name Only)
    10. St Michael
    11. Jesus Prayer
    12. Medals: St Benedict, Crucifix, 4-way
    13. Lent
    14. St Blaise, due to childhood memories, but I rarely even notice it now
    15. Offeratory
    16. 1/month or so
    17. 1st week August, I think (Father forgive me if I'm wrong)
    18. Husband
    19. Polyphony Gloria I've heard several times in EF mass. Don't know composer. But it's sublime.
    20. http://restlesspilgrim.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Melkites.jpg
    21. A Man For All Seasons
    22. Probably not intended to be Catholic, but "Hole Hearted" by Extreme is almost exactly the Augustinian "Our souls are restless for you..." idea.
    23. Centessimus Annus (sp?)
    24. Blue
    25. Ave Maria by Tomas Luis de Victoria https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBx5cV8L8mY
    26. Matthew 20:15
    27. None! But holding out hope for Life of Christ by Fulton Sheen or Jesus of Nazareth by B16
    28. Sarcasm
    29. Benedict 16
    30. Scott Hahn
    31. Nick Kusek
    32. Carmelites
    33. Squirreling bottles of Holy Water around the house.
    34. Eucharist and Confession

    ReplyDelete